Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh my! It's a Winter Wonderland outside today!

We had our first significant snowfall of the season during the night. Woke up this morning to a winter wonderland outside my window. It's very beautiful and I do enjoy the first snow of the season. I also enjoy a beautiful snowfall on Christmas Eve. Other than that, I could do without! No more snow for me. Sadly though, due to where I live I know I can expect more before winter is over.

I made this card awhile ago but thought of it this morning when thinking of places I would love to be for winter....like Florida....or California.....Hawaii would be fantastic! A girl can dream....right?

The flamingo is a brass stencil by Dreamweaver. I paste embossed it with white embossing paste also by Dreamweaver and then stenciled it with chalks. Fern image is by Rubber Stampede and stamped with Versafine pigment ink. Sentiment is by Hero Arts. I'm not sure who the printed paper is by, I do recall though that I purchased it from Hobby Lobby. I sure wouldn't mind enjoying some tropical breezes right now!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hey - your card matches your blog background perfectly. This chick I know sent me this image in a Merry Go Round Swap - this gives me an idea or two of what to do with it. :) (Don't worry - I'll do something different.) It's a cute card by the way.

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is gorgeous, I have never used embossing paste. Is it hard? I like the look of it being colored with the chalks!