Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Surprise Party / House Mouse

The challenge for this week over at the Monday House Mouse & Friends Challenge Blog is "glitter & glitz". I knew immediately what image I wanted to use when I read what the challenge was. There is a special little boy turning 5 this month and I had planned on making him a card using this House Mouse image. I thought why not make his card to work with this week's challenge and glitz it up a bit!
I used the House Mouse image called "Surprise Party". I colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils, gamsol and blending stumps. I then used Stickles glitter glue to glitter up the confetti and pom pom on the hat.

The number 5 is chipboard which I painted with Lumiere Paints in the color Aqua. I then used Stickles glitter glue over the paint. Cardstock is Bazzil and printed paper is from my "stash". I pop dotted the 5 to give the card more dimension. I think I have just enough glitz but not too much for a young man of 5!

Be sure to take some time to check out all the amazing creations over at the House Mouse & Friends for this week's challenge.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Just beautiful, your colouring is excellent!!!

Rosette said...

This is just AWSOME susan... I love it to bits!!! :)
One lucky boy will be receiving a lovely card! :)

mueppi said...

Wow... Susan
your card looks great and this image so cute!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Stacy Morgan said...

So so cute and perfect for a kids birthday. Love the HM and your 5 looks great!

CRAFTERESA said...

the little boy you mentioned should be well pleased with his card
its absolutly gorgeous
well done

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

This is wonderful! Oh so lovely! Great job on this week's HM challenge!

Judy said...

Hmmm - I wonder who is turning 5? It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW...what a perfect image for this challenge!! I LOVE your card!! I definitely need to put this stamp on my wish list! Awesome job!! :)

Emma said...

What a gorgeous card. I did try to comment a few days ago but my pc was playing up again!! Thanks for joining in. x

Elizabeth said...

Good Evening Susan,
Thanks so much for the sweet comment on the HM card I have only been coloring them for about a month. I just adore your Glitter/Glitz card. They are so adorable. I really need to practice more. What kind of paper do you use for stamping and coloring your HM? BTW your daughter is right it is almost 70 degrees here and it is 9:00 pm in the middle of December. This has been an extremely hot year for us.

Judy Rozema said...

How adorable!!!