Sunday, December 21, 2008

House Mouse ATC

UPDATE: I wasn't quite pleased with my ATC as posted below and decided to add something. I took a white gel pen and colored the swiss dots then topped each dot with a dab of Stickles (crystal). Now the swiss dots look like rhinestones and I'm much happier with my ATC! Above picture is with colored swiss dots and the pictures below are of the ATC before I decided to color the dots.
Made this House Mouse ATC for a swap I'm in. I had a really hard time getting a good photograph / scan of this. Due to the black cardstock it is hard to see the embossing on the black part. I know the proper way to photograph this is to do it outdoors in natural sunlight but with the below zero weather we are having, that is not going to happen!

Image is House Mouse "Monica Romances" from Stampbilities. It is colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. The red heart is coated with Judi Kins Diamond Glaze for a glass like look. An oval die nestability by Spellbinders was used to cut the oval window on the black cardstock. The black frame was then embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dot embossing folder. I sure wish that would show up better in the photo. Red satin bow was used for a touch of embellishing.

7 comments:

Rosette said...

Wow!! This is just stunning, and I bet in real life it is awesome!! :) soo cute :) I hope I get to colour another image during Christmas time :))
I JUST LOVED the card you sent me! Thanks... it's in my room :))

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a sweet card! I love the image, and your coloring is awesome! Very nicely done!

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is so cute, you do such great work with those stamps.

maxine said...

cute card

Anonymous said...

Awwww...this is just adorable!! :)

Patti said...

Love it! Do you think your son could give me coloring tips?? LOL I have never seen a House Mouse ear that looked so realistic! heeheehee

Great Job!! Patti

Janice W. said...

The white dots and stickles made a big difference. You have a lot of patience to do all that! :)