Monday, November 24, 2008

House Mouse Easter Card


I recently Hosted a swap called "It's A House Mouse Occasion". Participants were to pick a holiday or special occasion/ event and create 5 cards to swap using a House Mouse image to represent their chosen occasion. I chose to do Easter. My son challenged me to not use the bright pastel colors that are so often used for Easter but instead to try more of a vintage look. Image is colored with Prismacolor colored pencils and gamsol. I used Tim Holtz's Distressed Ink.....Old Paper....by Ranger to ink the edges of the image and green cardstock as well as the printed paper. Happy Easter sentiment is by Hampton Arts. Card base is a cream color but unfortunately the colors are not showing very well in the picture. I topped off the card with some ric rac and eyelets for embellishing. I'm glad I accepted my son's challenge because I like the touch of vintage for this card!

2 comments:

maddy hill said...

oh these mouse cards are so cute ... love him trying to carry the huge easter egg !...
calvin the mouse says he is added you to his blog list ! lol

Rosette said...

Your House mice are all sooo cute and lovely.. I'll be colouring one today... I hope!! :) Fingers crossed :))