Thursday, January 24, 2013

House Mouse "Monica Romances" and Memory Box "Wild Blooms" cards. Use of Negative Space



I hosted a challenge over on ScrapZee.com a couple of weeks ago. The challenge was use of negative space. I made two examples for the challenge. The first one I used the House Mouse image, "Monica Romances" by Stampabilities. The image is colored with Prismacolor color pencils. I used a heart die by Spellbinders to create my heart border on the bottom of the card. The negative space allows the red mat to show through the hearts. What did I do with the hearts I cut out with the heart die? I used them to dangle from my twine bow of course!

The next card was created using a die from Memory Box called "Wild Blooms". I used the negative part of the flower to make my card and put the flower I cut out away to use another day on another card.
Working with negative space can open up another use for your dies and punches. Need some more inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board for cards made using negative space: HERE

Wishing you all Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Your first card is so sweet, love the simple and effective design and great punch work and colours on the second one too. Hugs, Claire x

Tina said...

Both cards are cute! The little mouse and the butterflies....LOVE IT!!