Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Halloween - Dreamweaver Bare Trees Brass Stencil

I'm not one that gets into Halloween but I do enjoy seeing all the spooky, creepy and cute cards that all my crafty friends make. I got this idea to take one of my favorite Dreamweaver brass stencils...Bare Trees...to make a Halloween card. Using black cardstock I stenciled different shades of gray to create the night sky. I used a mask and frosty white pigment ink to create the moon. All inks I used are pigment inks by Colorbox. The bats were created using a stamp by Martha Stewart Crafts and then cut out. The label tag is by Spellbinders and the sentiment is computer generated.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful October!



9 comments:

Ruth said...

Very nice card! :D

Janice W. said...

This is fabulous Susan!!

Ivanka said...

WoW! This is so cool Susan! All the work, shading and cutting, it is just a perfect Halloween card!

Lainie said...

Great job on this card. I love it.

Jennifer Jackson said...

Just found this card from pinterest. It's both spooky and lovely!

StampendousGraphics said...

Just saw this card on Pinterest and had to find the post...what a super Halloween card!! Thanks so much for sharing with Dreamweaver Stencils! (now part of Stampendous)What a terrific project! (love the whole rest of your blog, too!!)

Monika Gulyas said...

Wow, this is awesome! I love your monochromatic Halloween scene! So spooky!

Anonymous said...

Spooky cool
I love it thanks for sharing

Charli said...

This is really cute! I don't 'do' Halloween either but I love making Halloween cards!
Thankx for sharing this one!