Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rainbow Card & Tag

Whew, the Time To Shine Crop has finally ended over on the Card Swaps forum. It was loads of fun with challenges, games and a blog hop but also very hectic trying to do everything. I'm in the progress of getting my craft room back in shape as it always looks like a hurricane hit after a crop week. Thought I would take a quick break though and post some of the challenges I completed.
The card below was for prairiewildflower / Judy's challenge that she hosted titled "Bling Me Up Scotty". We were to create a card using an image of something that we see in the sky. It could be a stamped image or printed paper etc that featured something we see in the sky. I had a fairly new die that I was anxious to use of a rainbow. So this was the perfect opportunity for me to use it. We also had to add some "glitz" of some sort and somehow to our card. I glittered my rainbow making it very sparkly.

The rainbow die is by My Favorite Things and the clouds are a die by Memory Box. Cardstock is by Bazzill.

Another challenge hosted by Marlene was to make a card or any other paper project of your choice using either Glossy Accents or glossy embossing powder to gloss something on your creation. I was excited to see this challenge because it not only gave me the opportunity to use my rainbow die again but also gave me the opportunity to make a tag to go along with my card. I plan on giving the card to someone who graduated from college this year and the tag will be attached to a present.
So for my tag I used the same dies and same cardstock as the card . I added some baker's twine from Doodlebug and a picket fence from a Martha Stewart border punch. The rainbow looks dark in the picture but in real life it is not that dark and is very glossy. Not sure if I like the rainbow better glittery or glossy. What do you think?

Well this is two of the challenges I completed for the crop. There were 12 in all and I only managed to complete 6 of them. I will post the other 4 in the next day or two.  Every crop I make it my goal to complete all 12 but haven't managed to do that yet. Maybe the next crop that is coming up in August...

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I just love the card and tag. What a creative idea with the clouds.

Judy said...

The rainbow card you did for my challenge was my favorite of your from the whole crop. It might have even been my favorite from the whole crop period. At the moment I can't remember very many of the other ones. LOL! It's a great card. Thanks for doing my challenge my friend. HUGS!!!!

Janice W. said...

I love that you used the positive and negatives of the clouds. Really nice effect! How have you been? I hope all is well! :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card and tag are fabulous, Susan. I know what you mean about the chaos after one of the CardMaker crops. I'm sure you will get things in order and be back at it in no time.
Blessings,
Teresa