Monday, April 4, 2011

Bugs and Kisses

Hello my crafty blogging friends! It has been a month since I last posted and almost a month since I have made a card. One of my brothers passed away the beginning of March since I last posted. The last month has been an emotional roller coaster since his death. His death was unexpected and quite a shock. He was also the care giver for another brother of mine who is very ill with MS. My crafting time came to a halt with all that has been going on the past month with taking care of my brother's final arrangements and caring for the other brother who is very sick. Slowly things are starting to fall back into place though and I hope to find time to start crafting again and make the rounds of visiting you all and seeing what you have been crafting since I last visited with everyone.

This card was made for a swap that I hosted on the Card Swap forum of the CardMaker site. The theme was "Black and White With a Splash of One Color". 18 very talented ladies signed up for my swap! The swap due date was the same week my brother passed away so I am just now getting around to sharing with you the card I made for the swap. I love the color red with black and white and what better to use for red than a ladybug! I had fun with this swap and really enjoyed seeing all the cards everyone made.

Hoping to be back this week with another card as I really need some "me" time to do some crafting. Hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to tell those you care for that you love them. Life is very short.....I will miss my brother very much.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.This card is so beatuiful! Love the colors and embossing and love that cute little bug. :)
Hugs..

Janice W. said...

Susan I am so sorry to hear such sad news. I hope you are doing ok. Big hugs to you! Your card is very pretty!

GeminiJen said...

The card is beautiful. I hope you get back to some crafting time and get to do something for YOU!

Patti said...

Susan, I'm so sorry for your loss! we've had some losses this past year as well. I will be praying for you and your whole family.

Patti