Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Squash Book / Card


I made this awhile ago for a friend who just moved into a new home. Didn't want to post it till she saw it first. I love surfing You Tube for "how to" videos and in one of my surfing trips I discovered Dawn Griffith's video tutorial for making Squash Books. I thought this would be a cute idea to use in place of the typical card. It was fun and super easy to make but honestly....when it came to taking pictures of it to post....that presented a problem...LOL! When you open the book it unfolds in many different ways or maybe the word exploding would best describe it. There was no really good way for me to photograph it for you to see how it works. The inside is made up of squares and triangles from folding three square sheets of paper. On one of the squares I have an image that I colored and the other three squares say "Congratulations On Your New Home". The entire book is held closed with a belly band that I made from ribbon that I also attached a butterfly charm to. The front and back covers are chipboard coasters that I covered with the designer paper.Below are some pictures of the inside. You can find Dawn's tutorial HERE. You can also get a much better idea what the finished product looks like in her video.




Supplies:
Printed Paper: DCWV
Cardstock: Bazzill
Image: CC Designs Digi image colored with Prismacolor colored pencils
Martha Stewart butterfly punches

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

GeminiJen said...

That is very cool. Nice job. :)

Claire said...

WOW this looks amazing and not easy to make LOL. I bet your friend was over the moon with this. Hugs, Claire x

Janice W. said...

This is awesome Susan! I have never tried this technique. It is a really cute little book!

Becky said...

wow-this is amazing. I would never attempt to do one of these :)