Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just Magnolia, Roses On Paper and A Spoon Full Of Sugar Challenges - A Three-fer!


I have a three-fer going! The current challenge at Roses On Paper is a color challenge using the colors pink, green and yellow. You must also use either a Magnolia, Alota, Sarah Kay, Rachelle Anne Miller or Greeting Farm stamp to create your creation. I chose to use Tilda from the Magnolia line. I'm not a yellow person so I really had to work at it to squeeze in some yellow here and there. I was happy once I was done. Roses On Paper has a a new line of stamps coming out ......check the site for details and design team call!

The current challenge at A Spoon Full Of Sugar is butterflies. You could use one or more but somewhere you need to have a butterfly. I believe this is my first time to join this challenge but I watch it weekly to see the fabulous creations the DT makes. They are awesome!

The third challenge I incorporated in my card is the Just Magnolia challenge which is a sketch using a Magnolia image. This is a fairly new challenge blog and so far I have been loving their challenges. You can find the sketch below.

Supplies Used:
Image: Tilda with flower jump rope by Magnolia
Cardstock: Bazzill
Printed Paper: BasicGrey
Ink: Memories
Martha Stewart butterfly, leaf and scalloped lace border punches
Spellbinders Nestabilities
Prima flowers
Brads from stash
Crystal Stickles by Ranger
Rhinestones by Hero arts
Sizzix alphabet die
Offray ribbon
Techniques: Image colored with Prismacolor colored pencils and blended with Gamsol. Tilda's dress is paper pieced.
Completed card size: 5 1/2" square

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to check out Roses On Paper, A Spoon Full of Sugar and Just Magnolia for some awesome inspiration.

10 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card those colours are fab and you have used just the right amount it is very pleasing to the eye and Tilda looks fab. Well done for doing a threefer lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Judy said...

Yea!! You did it! I knew you would. Cute card!

Becky said...

You go girl :), this is so sweet, the colors are soft, love the dp and matching butterfly with the bling. Just a lovely card.

Rosette said...

YAY to you sus!!! Spo much a pretty card, and making it for three challenges! Thumb up!! :) Ir's beautiful dear.. and even me, I have to make myself to do some yellow! Hugs xxx

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the papers you've used. Hugs Michele x

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful. great papers and a beautifully coloured image. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Fabulous card hun, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Tab said...

Beautiful card, such a sweet image and I love the colours you have used! Great take on the sketch too!
Hugs Tab xxx

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

You did a great job meeting all three challenges, Susan. I love your card....Tilda is so cute! And the colors you used are so pretty with just the right amount of yellow to accent it. This is an adorable card.

Patti said...

Oh Susan your work is amazing! you are an inspiration to me missy!! : ) I love how you combined all the challenges so perfectly!! I love!! all the layers! : )

Another winner! : )

Patti