Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa's Helper / House Mouse

The challenge this week over at the Monday House Mouse & Friends Challenge Blog is "Let It Snow". You could make anything you wanted as long as you featured a House Mouse & Friend image and used something that represented snow. It could be printed paper with snowflakes or painted snow, even the word snow on your creation would count. I've been pretty busy finishing all my Christmas cards this week and didn't think I would be able to participate in this week's challenge. I wasn't too happy with not participating so I quickly found a way to incorporate the challenge into making my Christmas cards. I changed the background on the cards I was making to an embossed image of snowflakes. It worked!


The embossed snowflakes are made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder that I ran through my Bigkick die cutting machine. House Mouse image is "Santa's Helper" by Stampabilities and is colored using Prismacolor colored pencils. White gel pen was used to outline the scallops on the green / red oval. I made a LOT of these and I'm almost done and ready to mail my cards. Maybe next year I will be smarter and start much earlier on making my Christmas cards. I say that every year.

Don't forget to check out the blizzard of creations for this week's challenge on the Monday House Mouse & Friends Challenge Blog.

14 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your Christmas cards are ADORABLE with a capital "A"!!! I am so happy you were able to incorporate the two together:o) I must say, your coloring is phenomenal!!!! You have brought this little guy to life...it's like magic!!! I suppose I should say your card is absolutely magical and makes me smile:o) I know the recipients of these wonderful cards are going to cherish them.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are such cute cards! I love how you used your white pen to outline the scallops - (you must have a very steady hand!!) they are perfectly done. Love your coloring and the embossed background really completes the whole card. Wish I were on your list! :)

Janneke said...

Great card ;)
Thanks for joining HM&F challenge

X Janneke

Carmen O. said...

Wow, your coloring is just absolutely beautiful! I love these card how adorable. The outlining of the scalloped oval really makes these cards pop. Beautiful work!

Becky said...

How adorable, this are so beautiful and your coloring is great.

Rosette said...

Wow Sue!!! What amazing cards! And that embossing folder is lovely! Now what?? Now I know from where your son got the love for art?? Your coouring is so professional, and that white gel pen frame is soooo good! :)

HugZ sweetie ♥

Judy Rozema said...

Super cute!!!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Hi Susan, I love how your little Maxwell's turned out. What a fab idea and relatively simple. They're adorable! Thanks for the fresh idea and glad you liked the Hoppers and their carrot tree.

Els G. said...

Gorgeous cards!
Els
x

Elizabeth said...

Susan,

OMG!!!! this is such a classy little card. The colors are so eye poppnig and I love the card LO's. The coloring is out of this world. I have to say just AMAZING!!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Gorgeous Susan! The HM image really pops on that white background. Great idea to use the embossed snowflake background.

Patti said...

Hi Susan : ) You just left a comment on "my ant hill" and so I went searching for your blog and... this could go on all night LOL! OH MY GOODNESS! I love your House Mouse. I an a newbie to House Mouse but I am completely in love with the little rodents!

Great blog. : )

Patti

Cindi said...

super cute cards!! Your coloring is fab.

Tami Bayer said...

So happy I found your blog tonight. Love your HM cards. Each one is amazing and adorable.